Deadline to apply is 22nd August 2022|
Location is TBD
Open Call for Choristers 2022
KorMalta, Malta's National Choir is opening auditions for those who are interested in being choristers within the initiative.
Time & Location
Deadline to apply is 22nd August 2022
Location is TBD
About The Event
KorMalta, Malta's National Choir is opening auditions for those who are interested in being choristers within the initiative. This Open Call aims at finding new voices to join the existing choristers at KorMalta and embark on exciting projects during season 2022-2023 (October 2022-September 2023).
Applicants will have to submit all documents and details listed in this Call, as well be present for an audition where musical knowledge, skills and a short motivational interview will be conducted. During the auditions, applicants will be given marks by a juror’s panel and a ranking order will be created. After the auditions, applicants will be contacted by email with the result of their audition (mark, comments, position in the ranking), and their participation in the Choir will be confirmed or otherwise on the basis of sufficient musical knowledge and skills, motivation and attitude towards KorMalta.
Material to be prepared for the Audition:
All applicants are required to:
1. Fill in and submit the Online Application accessible from this page
2. Be prepared to sing 1 aria of choice, song or other composition for voice from any era (early to contemporary music)
3. Be prepared to sing the following from G.F. Handel Belshazzar Oratorio N. 30 SEE FROM HIS POST till pg 118 last system excluded
4. Be prepared to sing F. Mendelssohn Drei Motetten op. 69 “Herr, nun lässest du deinen Diener in Frieden fahren” till bar 48
5. Send the voice + piano score of the aria of choice, song or other composition for voice from any era (early to contemporary music) they would like to perform at the audition in .pdf format to email@example.com by 22nd August 2022.
Applicants will also be asked to vocalise and sight-read during the audition.
Marking & Evaluation (per juror)
Musical knowledge and skills (70 points):
- vocal technique (10 points)
- sight-reading (10 points)
- tonal memory (10 points)
- aria of choice (20 points)
- G.F. Handel Belshazzar (10 points)
- acapella piece by F. Mendelssohn (10 points)
Motivation and Attitude: 30 points
A minimum of 60/100 per chorister needs to be obtained by each juror in order to pass the selection process. 3 selected jurors will be evaluating the auditions and the submitted documentation (via the online form). Lateness to the audition may be considered negatively during the evaluation of Motivation and Attitude.
Applicants must submit the form available on this webpage completed with their data by no later than Monday 22nd August 2022, close of business. Failure to submit by the set deadline will result in a discarded application, and an audition won’t be organised.
Applicants who submit the required form in time will be contacted to arrange a date for their audition, which will be organised in the month of September 2022.
Audition results will be communicated via email by the end of September 2022.
Further requirements and information
Auditions, as well as the whole application process, are free of charge.
Applicants who confirm their audition slot with KorMalta but do not show up at the agreed venue on time will be automatically discarded from the selection process.
Please allow yourself enough time to get familiar with what is requested in the online form, as you may need time to produce the documents or details that are listed there.
In case of queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Scores:
The submitted data will be treated according to the Arts Council Malta Data Protection Policy available here